Senator Iyiola Omisore has responded to accusations of tax evasion levelled against him by the governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola.
In a statement obtained by PoliticsNGR, Omisore attacked Aregbesola, accusing him of ineptitude and irresponsibility. He also urged the governor to address certain issues in the 2018 budget of the state. The statement read;
“Our attention has again been drawn to the flapping hands of a government drowning in its own ineptitude. The examination of the feasibility and credibility of public sector budgets is a matter for everyone. Senator Iyiola Omisore, a former Deputy Governor in Osun state, firmly asserts that the current Osun state budget not only an indication of incompetence and bankruptcy but also reflects absolute lack of knowledge of public financing and appropriations process.”
“It remains very sad that after 8 years of the Rauf Aregbesola-led APC government in the state, its leadership still whines in its incompetent game of blaming the previous administration, a glaring sign of its inability to respond the budget issues raised by Omisore and the PDP.”
“In seven and a half years, the APC has accrued colossal debts of N416b, dubious uncompleted projects of over N500b, N119b salaries and wages arrears of workers, retirees and pensioners, inflated airport and roads projects scam. The state has itself accepted its inability to pay salaries, remains unaccountable for the Paris Club refund, yet it has the audacity to present a budget it can neither fund nor execute.”
“Omisore a well respected former Chair of the Senate Committee on Appropriations and an expert in financing of public infrastructure, asserts that ; the PDP will Rescue Osun state from APC charlatans. We shall restore competent and visionary leadership that will take informed decisions to restore the state economy and public sector financing. Listed below are just few of the projects Senator Omisore facilitated when he was in the Senate:
1. At senate, he facilitated Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, rehabilitation of Ibadan-Ife- Ilesa & world bank assisted rehabilitation of Ilesa /Akure and indeed Ilesa/Osogbo! He started and provided funds for Gbongan junction to Akoda to Osogbo to Kwara boundary. He Provided funds for Ede headworks through Ogun/Oshin River basin, provided direct allocation to osun : for the building of UNESCO Centre for black, Osun airport&living spring free trade zones: Let Aregbesola/APC verify the above.
2. No Senator indeed no osun Governor did half of his interventions to Osun in Appropriations since 1999..Check your records
3. As for budget and appropriations he does not have equal or rival in Nigeria as attested by the OECD Paris in 2011.Aregbesola and APC aren’t doing budget but mere ceremonial stealing techniques
4. He did more than 9 budget rounds in senate to the tune of over 49 trillion Naira. Aregbesola/APC are totally ignoramus in appropriations.
5. He inputed by adjusting the longitudinal and latitudinal FAAC sharing formula to favour the six SW states as chairman national joint finance committees. Please APC should be eternally grateful to him
7. He facilitated 1.9bn oora and esinminrin streams channelisation in Ilesa and Ife respectively. He also facilitated reconstruction of Gbongan-Iwo-oyo boundary road,Ilie bridge,Ikirun-Ogbomoso and sekona-ife-ondo road hence abandoned by Aregbesola.
8.This is again a bad carpenter blaming his tools. An irresponsible leader shifting blame. Rauf Aregbesola and his team should respond to the key issues in the 2018 Osun budget. NO SALARIES AND HIS GOVERNMENT HAS ACCEPTED ITS INABILITY TO PAY. This story has not changed in 8 years! Always someone else, a sign of ineptitude in leadership.”
“The question is what has Aregbesola/APC done in almost 8years?”