Four people have suffered gunshot wounds following a shooting at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, Calif., according to authorities. One of those people is believed by police to be the suspect, who has been killed.
San Bruno police chief Ed Barberini said at a news conference that officers encountered three victims who are “being treated for injuries that are treatable.” The suspected shooter, a female, suffered a fatal wound that Barberini said “may have been self-inflicted.”
Barberini said police arrived to the scene after 911 calls shortly after 12:45 pm PT and then “immediately began a search for a possible shooter or suspect.” He described the scene on arrival as “chaotic” and that the building was eventually evacuated.
Stanford University Medical Center spokesperson Lisa Kim told Recode that they are expecting four to five patients to arrive shortly but that she did not have any news on their conditions.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said President Trump has been briefed on the shooting and they are “monitoring the ongoing situation.”
On Twitter, Mr. Trump offered his thoughts and prayers to those affected in the shooting
The San Francisco Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) said it was responding to the scene.
Several employees tweeted they heard gunfire Tuesday afternoon. Sources close to the situation said that several people had been shot and that the shooter has been shot too. It is unclear how seriously anyone has been injured.