Senate, Thursday had a rowdy session over the appointment of Dr. Bello Tukur Ingawa from Katsina, the home state of President Muhammadu Buhari as Chairman of Federal Civil Service Commission FCSC
Dr. Bello Tukur Bello’s new appointment alongside 12 others created heavy pandemonium immediately, the motion was presented by the Senate leader, Senator Ahmed Lawan for consideration.
The nomination which was sent by President Buhari for consideration by the Senate are:
1. Dr. Bello Tukur Ingawa from Katsina as Chairman
2. Moses Musa Ngbale – Adamawa – Commissioner
3. Waziri Umara Nguno – Borno – Commissioner
4. All. Bello Mahmoud – Jigawa – Commissioner
5. Arch. Ahmed Sarna – Kebbi – Commissioner
6. Iyabode Odulate-Yusuf – Ogun – Commissioner
7. Shehu Umar Danyaya – Niger – Commissioner
8. Fatai Newton Adebayo – Oyo – Commissioner
9. Ejoh Michael Chukwuemeka – Anambra – Comm
10. Joe Philip Poroma – Rivers – Commissioner
11. Ibrahim Mohammed – Kaduna – Commissioner
12. Aminu Dio Sheidu – Kogi – Commissioner
13. Simon Etim – Akwa Ibom – Commissioner
Senator Chukwuka Utazi representing Enugu North Senatorial district opposed the nomination, alleging that President Buhari has been biased in appointment of heads of boards for parastatals and agencies of government.
Senator Obinna Ogba from Ebonyi Central said, there is fairness in the appointment He insisted that the Senate rejects the list while waiting for the outcome of reports from the Senate Committee on Federal Character.
“Mr, President, distinguished Colleagues, we cannot continue on this nomination. If you look at this, Ebony state slot is completely missing. ”
After intervention by the Senate President, Dr.Bukola Saraki who pleaded that the list be sent for screening pending the outcome of similar allegations which was already being investigated by the Senate Committee, it was adopted.
“We are saying the same thing. This is just for screening and you know we have no time. Let’s refer the list for screening as we will be going on holiday next week”, Saraki explained.