The leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra group, Nnamdi Kanu, on Friday, fulfilled the stringent bail conditions granted to him by a federal high court in Abuja.
Nnamdi Kanu’s brother, Prince Kanu told newsmen that Nnamdi’s bail conditions have been perfected.
Kanu’s bail conditions were perfected by a Jewish High Priest, Immanuu-El Shalom, Chairman, South East Senate caucus and former Deputy Governor of Abia State, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, and a Chartered Accountant, Tochukwu Uchendu.
It can be recalled that Kanu, who is facing trial alongside three other pro-Biafra agitators, Benjamin Madubugwu, Chidiebere Onwudiwe, and David Nwawuisi before the Justice Binta Nyako-led court was on Tuesday granted bail with very stringent conditions.
Nnamdi’s bail Conditions
Justice Nyako ordered that Kanu must fulfill/abide by the following conditions to ensure his release;
- Produce three sureties and two of whom must be; (a) highly respected and recognized Jewish leader and (b) highly placed Igbo person such as a Senator. The third surety must be resident in Abuja with a landed property in the same Abuja. Above all, the three sureties must deposit one hundred million naira (N100million) each.
- Barred from attending any rally and granting any form of interview.
- Must not be in a crowd exceeding 10 persons.
- Must surrender his British and Nigerian passports even when these passports are still in the custody of the DSS.
- Must sign an undertaking to avail himself for trial at all times.
Read more reports: