The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai on Monday met with the Theatre Commander, Maj.-Gen. Nicholas Roger and other top commanders at the Control and Command Centre in Maiduguri, after the recent attacks in Bama, Borno, and Jilli, in Yobe.
Although the outcome of the meeting is not made public, a source said that the commanders briefed the army chief on the various ongoing operations in the North East.
The source said the meeting reviewed the operations and re-strategize for onslaught against remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists, especially in Borno North and the Lake Chad region.
Currently, Operation Last Hold, designed to clear remnants of the terrorists in those areas and facilitate the return of IDPs to their ancestral home, is being conducted by the army.
The terrorists attacked a military base in Jilli in Yobe on Saturday after carrying out attack on troops at Bama a few days earlier.
Contrary to reports, the army denied that the insurgents killed soldiers at both locations and carted away vehicles.
Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu, the Director of Army Public Relations, said in a statement on Monday that “all troops” that came under attack in Jilli had been accounted for contrary to report that some of them were missing.