The Nigerian army has announced the arrest of suspected Boko Haram informants in Zamfara state. This was made public by a statement signed by Army spokesman, Texas Chukwu.
The statement read;
1. Troops deployed at Magam town on 25 June 2018 arrested three suspected informants in Gobirawa Fulani village following a tip off.
2. The suspects are alleged to be responsible for giving information to bandits before they carry out attacks.
3. Preliminary investigation is ongoing while the suspects will be handed over to appropriate authority on completion.
4. Similarly, troops deployed in operation IDON RAINI while on patrol at Dansadau Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State rescued a kidnapped victim and recovered four motorcycles at Abobo village from bandits.
5. The bandits abandoned their victim and the motorcycles on sighting the troops and fled into the bush.
6. Efforts are being intensified by the troops to get the fleeing bandits.
7. The public is reminded to always report any suspicious activities to the law enforcement agents for prompt action.