A heavy inferno broke out at the Adeyemi College of Education around 10 pm on Thursday night, destroying property worth millions of Naira.
PoliticsNGR gathered that the fire outbreak was caused by a power surge in of the offices in the building. Several vital documents were consumed by the inferno and efforts to put out the fire were unsuccessful as the fire extinguishers in the institution were expired.
An eyewitness told reporters; “One of the five buildings housing the school of education was razed and lots of documents were badly destroyed.The offices in the building is used by the lecturers and student were not much on campus except those on their teaching practice.
It took the effort of the students of the college who were currently in a teaching practice exercise to avoid the fire from spreading into other buildings.An electric cable connecting the college to the building was disconnected shortly after the inferno was noticed.
In fact, the late arrival of the men of the fire service in the town worsen the whole incidence because they had complained that there was no battery in their vehicle.”