Attacks Sheriff over illegal claim to party leadership
Chides Jimoh ibrahim for his betrayal of the party
Urges party members to remain faithful as courts will do justice
Our attention has been drawn to another set of garbage and tissues of lies put together by the discredited loyalists of Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff in the name of a press statement wherein, the Group tried to sustain it’s illegal claim to the leadership of our Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
2. The National Caretaker Committee which has been confirmed severally by the Courts as the authentic body saddled with the responsibility of providing leadership for the Party pending the hosting of an elective Convention, would have ignored the ranting of these men of dishonour but leaving them to continue deceiving Nigerians at this time would not be in the interest of democracy.
3. First and foremost, we wish to state categorically that in consonance with Judgement of various Courts, which Ali Modu-Sheriff and his team of confused travellers have not bothered to appeal, the former Borno State Governor is not the Chairman of our Party, the PDP.
4. His consistent claim to the Office is a continuation of the plans to cause mayhem in our Party but nature and fair justice has taken care of his desperation.
5. It is amusing that these musketeers could be accusing the National Caretaker Committee of being the reason why the Party is facing challenges in terms of unfavourable election results especially in Edo and Ondo States when it’s not a secret to all Nigerians that these group of non-PDP members were the ones who frustrated the Party on all fronts.
6. It is common knowledge that Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim whom they pushed as front at the Ondo Poll before the Appelate Courts reversed the anomaly, openly campaigned for their Party, the APC. We are also aware of the various claims made in the Statement wherein the agents of darkness, used by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to cause confusion and frustrate our campaign for the Ondo Election, accused the Caretaker Committee of impunity.
7. However, we simply want them to define what impunity is, using their acts of betrayal as a case study. What they have done and are still doing is the worst form of impunity, lawlessness, greed and avarice.
9. No matter what they say, we are determined as a political Party to forge ahead, and put our house in order even without their inputs.
10. The National Caretaker Committee have not called for their expulsion against the claims they are making, the time for that has not come. But the rain of vengeance will not hang forever in the clouds.
11. The National Caretaker Committee wish to appreciate all loyal Party members, urging them to keep the faith as the Appellate Courts will do justice to the various appeals pending before it at the appropiate time; to put an end to the antics of these enemies of progress masquerading as members of our Party.
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary