A Nigerian businessman, Adebayo Ogunlesi, along with some American billionaires and fortune 500 company CEO’s has been appointed by US president elect, Donald Trump to be part of the country’s economic advisory team.
Ondo state born Adebayo Ogunlesi, is a very successful businessman and a graduate of Harvard and Oxford Universities, two of the best universities in world. He had his secondary education at Kings College, Lagos. He has lectured at Havard law and Yale.
Ogunlesi is estimated to be worth over 850 million dollars and is the only African/black man on the advisory team. The 63 year old is the chairman of Global infrastructure partners and was on October 15 appointed an independent director at Goldman Sachs.
He is married to an optometrist, Amelia Quist-Ogunlesi. Below is a comprehensive list of the 16 man team setup by president-elect Trump;
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Stephen Schwarzman (forum chairman), chairman, CEO, and cofounder of Blackstone
- Paul Atkins, CEO of Patomak Global Partners, former commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mary Barra, chairwoman and CEO, General Motors
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY
- Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Bob Iger, chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO of Boeing
- Ginni Rometty, chairwoman, president, and CEO of IBM
- Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize winner, vice chairman of IHS Markit
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in economics at the Hoover Institute, former member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System